Zen

Zen

Sunday 24 December 2023

Rosacea on my cheeks

In a sudden blush, my cheeks turned red, A hue so vivid and glossy like a tale unsaid, As if brushed by makeup's gentle touch, A rosy glow, it seemed, a bit too much.

At first, a beauty in that pink embrace, A lovely pink tint bedecked my face, Days passed, and it ventured more, No pain, no itch, just that rosy lore.

Slowly, its canvas began to grow, lines did show, near eyes and brow, Scales and patches, an unforeseen plan, An older mask on face on a younger man.

Fear clasped tight, I sought a guide, A kind-hearted dermatologist beside, She found the cause, not a dire fuss, Rosacea was it and not Lupus plexus.

Medicines came, in a blend to heal, Antihistamines, a soothing seal, Topical mix, with a professional grace, Restoring to me my original former face.

Originality, a treasure to behold, Weighs heavier than artificial gold, My cheeks, in their natural bloom, Radiate love, dispelling every gloom.

In life's paths too, a lesson for all to find, In Rosacea's dance, brought fear in mind, Originality, as held high in its purest flow, A joy in simplicity and in gentleness glow.

~ Dr Intaj Malek

No comments:

Post a Comment